Use of authority at work palce is a common thing, a common problem, a common enemy to many.
Seniors pressurize subordinates to perform roles against will and more importantly 'INTEREST'. I always thought qualification was no factor in determining a person's capability of becoming a manger. But experience, certainly is. But somehow I happen to realize now, the more experienced a man is, the more blurred his understanding and interests become. He does have a vision, a vision which only he gets at office hours.
Experience is the keyword to success. But why does this experience blur the visions of a man, who fails to see the persepective of a cog. The cog, yes, is the one who does everything, in a hope to becoming a success in life SOMEDAY.
Lets forget big organizations, and take example of a family. I grew up hearing stories of how my father faught at school. How he was a local gang leader at college. How he bunked college to be with his girl friends. And my mother would tell me about all her stylish dresses, and that she would go to movies very often when she was young. When she got engaged to my father, they would have food at expensive places in town, and how would splurge her with gifts. But when we grew up, I saw nothing of all that. My sister and I were hardly taken to movies. Being girls we couldn't get into street fights, or get pocket money. I had to complete my grad privately, because my attendance was low. And my father had almost killed me for that. When i got engaged I was taught daily, not to eat out too much.
As its said, when you become successful, don't forget your bad days. Family experience on the contrary never lets you forget bad days. This is a reason why parents never want their children to repeat their mistakes. In the course, they sometimes restrict their kids to an extent of suffocating them, stopping them from making experiences, hence giving them even worse days in a few extreme cases.
The sad part of being experienced is that most of the experience is not from what you have seen, but from what you heard- from a friend. If a friend's son dies in a car accident, you never buy your own son a car. If a relative's daughter scored high in exams, you frustrate your own kid with comments about being dumb.
So, coming back to work place, a working experience teaches you both good and bad. But you remember only good, opposite to family experience. Seniors tend to remember good times, and good attributes of themselves, which made them seniors. "I worked day and night on a project and got promoted", "I was always hardworking and a favorite of my boss". They forget where they started from, where they came from. The bad experiences are for their own kids. "I started from scratch, washed dishes in hotels, did small jobs, to give you a comfortable life", " I had no money when i got married"
These insensitive seniors make their associates do things which were once quite impossible for them. And if a person manages to do them and become a senior, there is another transformation. A man is pushed into a robotic lifestyle, with no individuality, but just a dream to make it big!
Seniors pressurize subordinates to perform roles against will and more importantly 'INTEREST'. I always thought qualification was no factor in determining a person's capability of becoming a manger. But experience, certainly is. But somehow I happen to realize now, the more experienced a man is, the more blurred his understanding and interests become. He does have a vision, a vision which only he gets at office hours.
Experience is the keyword to success. But why does this experience blur the visions of a man, who fails to see the persepective of a cog. The cog, yes, is the one who does everything, in a hope to becoming a success in life SOMEDAY.
Lets forget big organizations, and take example of a family. I grew up hearing stories of how my father faught at school. How he was a local gang leader at college. How he bunked college to be with his girl friends. And my mother would tell me about all her stylish dresses, and that she would go to movies very often when she was young. When she got engaged to my father, they would have food at expensive places in town, and how would splurge her with gifts. But when we grew up, I saw nothing of all that. My sister and I were hardly taken to movies. Being girls we couldn't get into street fights, or get pocket money. I had to complete my grad privately, because my attendance was low. And my father had almost killed me for that. When i got engaged I was taught daily, not to eat out too much.
As its said, when you become successful, don't forget your bad days. Family experience on the contrary never lets you forget bad days. This is a reason why parents never want their children to repeat their mistakes. In the course, they sometimes restrict their kids to an extent of suffocating them, stopping them from making experiences, hence giving them even worse days in a few extreme cases.
The sad part of being experienced is that most of the experience is not from what you have seen, but from what you heard- from a friend. If a friend's son dies in a car accident, you never buy your own son a car. If a relative's daughter scored high in exams, you frustrate your own kid with comments about being dumb.
So, coming back to work place, a working experience teaches you both good and bad. But you remember only good, opposite to family experience. Seniors tend to remember good times, and good attributes of themselves, which made them seniors. "I worked day and night on a project and got promoted", "I was always hardworking and a favorite of my boss". They forget where they started from, where they came from. The bad experiences are for their own kids. "I started from scratch, washed dishes in hotels, did small jobs, to give you a comfortable life", " I had no money when i got married"
These insensitive seniors make their associates do things which were once quite impossible for them. And if a person manages to do them and become a senior, there is another transformation. A man is pushed into a robotic lifestyle, with no individuality, but just a dream to make it big!
No comments:
Post a Comment